A few weeks ago, we got back from the most incredible family vacation! The six of us (mom, dad, me, Jeremy, Emi, and Darin) all went to Hawaii for nearly two weeks. We spent the first half of our trip on Maui and the second half in Kauai. It was truly the trip of a lifetime and we made so many sweet memories. I absolutely cherish the time the six of us get to spend together and I loved being unplugged, taking a break from our normal routines, and just being surrounded by God's beautiful creation! Hawaii is the best place in the whole wide world (if you ask me!) and being there with my family was a true gift. We snorkeled, splashed in the ocean (the boys played in some giant waves!), soaked up the sun, ate some delicious shave ice, drove all over the place, and saw some gorgeous sites. We saw the sunrise at Haleakala (we woke up at 2 a.m.), snorkeled at Molokini and Lehua, and saw sea turtles, dolphin, monk seals, and tons of tropical fish. We went to Costco early on our trip and stocked up on plenty of lunch meat and ready-made dinners! The only thing we didn't do too much of was relax because we were just too busy with all there was to see and do haha. You can't go all that way and sit by the pool...I can do that in Louisville!
After returning from Hawaii, I hit the ground running and went to Elementary camp with church. I spent Monday-Thursday with a bunch of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. We had a great time learning about worship by studying the life of David. Camp was great and I loved leading a group of 13 kiddos...it's always fun to watch their different personalities and get to know each of them. Our little team was really sweet and we had a fun time doing all the camp things including swing of faith, zip line, lake, pool, and several fun games! Most of all, it was cool to worship with the kids and help them learn more about worshiping Jesus. I think the kids really "got it" and I know that lives were eternally changed as a result of our time together at camp!
Since Hawaii and camp, life has slowed down a bit and I feel like we're just now getting into a normal summer rhythm...too bad summer's more than half over! How in the world is it almost time for the kids to be back in school? Seriously, I don't even get it! Anyways, like it or not, time is flying so I guess I better embrace reality and go with it :)
Here's a quick look at what's coming up for us:
Currently, mom is coming out of shoulder surgery (literally, I'm in the waiting room as I type this). She did great but had a LOT of work done and it's going to be a long road to recovery. It's unfortunate that it's her right shoulder (she's right-handed) so once she gets past the initial days of recovery, her biggest struggle will be adapting to life as a lefty! Please keep her in your prayers and feel free to encourage her as she walks down this long road. Momma is SO amazing at taking care of everyone around her and I know it's going to be tough for her to accept help from people. She's always the giver and never the taker but you know what I think? I think this is a great opportunity to bless her back for all the things she does for our family and so many others! I just wish she didn't have to hurt and that I could take away her pain. I know she'll be better soon though and am thankful the surgery part is behind her and now she can focus on healing!
In other news, Jeremy and I are still living with Nanny and loving our time with her SO much. She's totally going to have to kick us out because we're way too happy ha! Jeremy leaves for Budapest, Hungary for work on August 8th and will be gone for three weeks. He's really looking forward to traveling in Europe and I know he'll be challenged (and do great!) while he's there. Lucky for me, I won't be too terribly lonely because I'm going to stay with Nanny while he's gone and then we'll move out in the beginning of September. Such perfect timing all the way around!
That's about all I know/you probably don't really care and I'm simply thinking out loud as a way to pass time and document what's going on in our lives right now. Honestly, I just feel so thankful for all that I've been blessed with. My amazing husband and family, job, church, friends, and so much more. Thank you, Lord, for such sweet blessings. I am so unworthy.
Oh and I'm celebrating my 24th birthday on Monday! Wooo, I love birthdays! Now I have to get used to saying 24 when people ask how old I am! I'm trying to decide if 24 is old or young...obviously, I know it's super young in the grand scheme of life but 24 just seems kinda old too! I think I like it though. 24 is going to be a good year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment